Thursday, August 2, 2007

Turn off your cell phone!

OK, so you are sitting down in the big theater seats with your popcorn, drink and sweetie beside you after dishing out about $40 to see the latest flick... and the young kid two rows behind you gets a call on his cell phone. He lets it ring for what seems like 2 minutes only to then answer it and start having a conversation! What? Nothing is more annoying during a movie than to have to listen to someone else's telephone conversation!

There has been talk of trying to pass a law to ban or block cell phones from being used in some public places, like movie theaters. But, I have an brilliant idea... TURN YOUR CELL PHONE OFF! You are not that important that you need to be reached for a hour and a half.

"Three years ago, 11 percent of cell-phone users thought it was OK to take a call in a movie theater. That number has since dwindled to 6 percent of those surveyed at the end of last year, according to LetsTalk.com." The fact that 6 percent of people think it is still OK to take a call in a movie theater is outrageous!

I guess that's why I'd rather stay at home and watch my TiVo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night I went to the Borne movie (which was great)and sure enough, this girl in front of me spent the whole movie on her cell phone. She wasn't talking but texting. The light from the phone shone right in my eyes. I finally had to ask her to "Turn off your cell phone!" She had an attitude but finally turned it off. I hate cell phones in movies.

Anonymous said...

It's so annoying! Don't people go to movies to see the movie??